Saturday, October 6, 2007

I'm going to be an aunt!!!

So my baby sister is pregnant, Woo Hoo!! I really shouldn't call her my baby sister, she is thirty. This is the first baby in our family and everyone is ecstatic about it. I've already sent a box of brand new baby clothes to my sister and for some reason I can't stop shopping. We already have a stroller, car seat, hand made blankets and pacifiers in the shape of a raspberry.
Personally, I think the baby is going to be a boy, but both my sister and I really want her to have a girl. It's hard that she lives halfway across the country because the only contact we have is the phone.
Thank god we both have the same cel service or our bills would be a million dollars. It's amazing the things you can do now with the internet. Two weekends ago we shopped together. We were on the phone, she was in the store and I was on the store's internet website. Also, every Wednesday she takes a picture of her belly and how it has grown and changed and posts it on-line. With e-mail and web cams I am never very far from my new niece or nephew.
Plus, who knew you could have a 25 minute conversation about breasts?
By the time I get to visit her in person at the end of November the baby will be well into its fifth month and hopefully we can have a nice chat. So until then I will just say "Hello there little one, there are a whole bunch of people out here who can't wait to meet you."
Love and Kisses,
Aunt Amy

No comments: